Step it up a notch or two
Are you a little de-motivated right now? Are you just not enthusiastic about your weight loss journey anymore? Do you think I look ok and I don’t care what everybody else thinks! Maybe there are some other things you can try to get you back on track, remember it is not only about the way you look it is more about your long term health. See if these half dozen suggestions may give you a little boost.
1. Say goodbye to soft drink forever. If you haven’t already done so you really need to do this it is so important to your long term health and well being. Simply put soft drink is poison; people who drink one or two 600ml per day are adding unnecessary sugar and harmful chemicals to their daily intake. Drinking too much soft drink can be the sole result of your weight gain.
2. Halve portion size. When eating out ask for a half portion whenever you can, if they don’t do halve sizes buy one portion and share your meal with your partner, just ask for two plates. Or ask for a takeaway container and take half of it home and eat it for your lunch the next day. If that does not work for you just order an entree size. If there are no entree’s that you like order a salad with the dressing on the side.
3. NutriBullet replacement meal. Make a Nutribullet Smoothy and replace one meal, (this is a great opportunity to add some green vegetables and fruit to your food intake) breakfast, lunch or dinner whatever suits for 4 days a week for 2 to 3 weeks or until such time you are back into the swing of things and you are losing weight again and motivated to continue to shed those kilos!
4. Increase protein, decrease simple carbs. Take simple carbohydrates such as white bread, white rice, white potatoes, cakes and biscuits of the menu for 2 – 3 weeks. Replace with a salmon or tuna portion of 150 to 200 gram grilled or steamed. Lean beef a 100 gram portion, chicken fillet or boiled eggs all served with lots of salad leaves no creamy dressings.
5. Increase walking. If you are walking 20 to 30 minutes a day increase to 50 minutes a day or walk twice a day morning and night. This is what could make your body burn fat faster.
6. Fasting two days. A lot has been said about the 5/2 diet plan and some people live by it. I have tried it and it does work, but whether it works long term I am not so sure. So for women choose two days any days but stick with those two days and reduce your calorie intake to 600. Choose anything you like but don’t choose alcohol, having a couple of glasses of alcohol and drinking water and vegetable stock may add up to 600 calories but lacks in nutrition. For breakfast you could have one boiled egg and 6 cherry tomatoes and a skim latte. An apple for your morning snack, a small tin of tuna in brine with 6 cherry tomatoes for lunch. A pear for afternoon snack and a small portion of fresh steamed fish with steamed broccoli for dinner. For men only 500 calories, try this for 2 – 3 weeks and see if this shakes off those unwanted kilos and get you motivated again.
Let me leave you with this thought A negative mind will never give you a positive life